The newest addition to interior designing is the inclusion of living room indoor plants as your home décor essentials. The popularity of adopting houseplants to deal with all the stress and anxiety due to lockdown has skyrocketed during the Covid-19 pandemic. This led to an increase in houseplant sales in the UK by over 50 per cent in 2021, as mentioned in a published report by Statista Research Development in 2023 (Refer to the Figure below)
Do you find your living room unexciting? Are you also interested in revamping your interior craft? Worry not! We have a curated list of indoor plants for you.
But before diving into their types, let us go through the benefits that living room indoor plants possess:
- Indoor plants are an appropriate investment to add oomph to your living space aesthetics with a pop of greenery and liveliness.
- According to researchers, only 15 minutes of contact with green plants may reduce stress levels and improve sleep quality.
- Houseplants like snake plants, figs, peaceful lilies, etc., have air-purifying properties that eventually take care of your lungs.
- Their green foliage tends to remove airborne dust particles to prevent allergies. Thus, indoor plants are a great consideration if you have children or elderly people at home.
- The cleaner the air, the better the concentration. Your brain gets automatically recharged when indoor plants surround you. So, consider choosing indoor plants to accompany you when you sit in front of the TV in your living space.
Consequently, are you now eager to learn about the varieties of living room indoor plants? Read further to find out more.
1. Lime Plants
Want to get rejuvenated by the essence of fresh zesty citrus when you return home after a hectic day? Get yourself a pot of Citrus aurantifolia ‘Mexican Lime’ Plant that bears fruits comparable to the size of a ping pong ball. The lime plant is a low-maintenance houseplant that needs direct sunlight for 10 hours a day. Sprinkle water whenever the top portion of the soil gets dry. Make sure to use well-aerated soil and fertilisers for optimum growth.
2. Monstera Plants
Also referred to as Swiss Cheese Plants, the Monstera plants are the ideal match for your living space as they do not require direct sunlight. This tropical plant thrives well in moist soil. But always perform the finger test before watering. If you find that the top 5 cm of the soil is dry, only then you should water them.
3. Snake Plants
These beginner-friendly plants are essential for your home as they filter out harmful formaldehyde and nitrogen oxide gases, thereby cleansing the air.
4. Begonia Rex
A pot of Begonia Rex, with a blend of maroon and pastel foliage, spends a happy time with the morning sun for 4 to 6 hours and requires less watering. Due to the presence of a stem that can retain water, Begonia always remains prepared for the dry seasons.
Indoor plants like lime, monstera and other plants add a wow factor to your living room and also rope in some of the fine benefits. Thus, call for your good times by including living room indoor plants in your home from The Green Corner, Singapore. Go through their plethora of products and find the best one now.